Winter can be gorgeous, but these extreme temperatures are brutal! At MW Fire & Water Restoration, we try to be proactive whenever we can. Burst pipes are the most common causes of water damage while temperatures are below freezing. Plumbing in garages, attics, and basements are the most at risk.
If you are staying inside today to escape the bitter cold make sure you follow these quick simple steps to help prevent pipes from freezing:
- Keep your garage door closed
- Keep the thermostat set to the same temperature, day and night.
- Let cold water drip from faucets
- Open cabinet doors to allow warm air to reach faucet plumbing, especially for sinks on exterior walls
- Use a hair dryer to thaw any frozen pipes
As always, MW Fire & Water Restoration has you covered! If you are concerned about possible risk areas in your home, give us a call today for a free inspection.